Monday, October 7, 2013



Putting my facial rig through it's paces...

A quick posing exercise I did recreating facial expressions from photos.  This wasn't so much about accurately portraying the pose, but learning to exaggerate it using the rig I created.  I've noticed a TON of little tweaks I need to go back and fix on the rig now, but I think it's coming along pretty nicely.  The really good news is that most of the setup process is scripted (I still need to place and skin bones/make morph targets, but once that's done it's just running a script) and recreation of the rig on a new character is "easy" (easier).

P.S.  This was my first ever SubSurface Scatter texture render for the skin, and man does it create some cool effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment